Frequently Asked Questions
1. How will I receive my information after I register?
When you register you will receive by Email: Welcome letter, your Invoice giving you credit for your deposit, a list of Broadway Shows to select the two you wish to see, a basic information sheet to help you with your travel plans. PLEASE NOTE: On Day One: Registrations begins in the hotel at 2 PM and continues until 5 PM. Welcome Dinner begins at 5:30 PM. Please make sure you arrive in time to attend.
2. Explain the pricing to me?
All rooms are the same with 2 beds. You can view the rooms online at Marriott Marquis Times Square. Package Pricing is based per person on how you occupy the room.
Example: 2 parents 2 dancers = 4 participants Quad Rate Occupancy.
3. What time should I arrive on day one of the convention?
Registration will open 2 PM – 5 PM. Welcome Dinner & Orientation will start 5:30 PM. Hotel check-in begins at 4:00 P.M. PLEASE NOTE: If you arrive early AM, please go the front desk located on the 8th floor to check into your room. If your room is not ready the bell desk will take your luggage for you.
4. What type of clothing to bring?:
Average July temperature in New York City is 84 degrees. With that in mind, we suggest that you bring comfortable casual clothing for our daily schedule. The only exceptions would be Broadway Show attendance and Semi-Formal Farewell Dinner and Dance Cruise.
5. Dance Class Apparel:
5. All Students should bring their dancewear they wear to their studio for classes: Shoes are usually Jazz, Hip Hop Class and Tap. This may change should they have request by instructors. You will receive updates.
6. When will I receive detailed information and the schedule?
At least 2 weeks before the convention you will receive an email with your basic itinerary. This will include what color group you will be in and the daily departure times for each event. You will have a detailed folder available for you to pick up when you come to registration.
7. Is transportation from the airport provided?
No, you must provide your own transportation to and from the airport and hotel. We suggest using a taxi. Both airports have a taxi station curbside. You may also wish the check online for car service. We have previously used Dial 7.
8. What airport should I use?
LaGuardia and JFK are our preferred airports.
Please contact our office should you have any questions. 951-845-8848